Films must be submitted by the deadline to qualify. No late submissions will be accepted.
What are the basic requirements for a ConnectHER film?
- Films must be 3-6 minutes long
- Film file formats accepted: .mov and .mp4
- They must focus on a ConnectHER topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic Final production must be after January 1, 2021.
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All ConnectHER Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input. Actors and film students may be of any age.
- Powerpoints will not be accepted.
- Films should have some cinematic value. Don't film yourself talking about a subject in front of a camera. We won't accept those.
- We highly encourage filmmakers to tell stories that are relevant in their own communities and/or geographic regions. You can see topics that we accept here.
- At the end of your film, please add a slide that lists at least two organizations that are working on solutions to the issue(s) that you address. Include the final ConnectHER end marker.
Can I use a film that had been screened elsewhere?
Entries must be original films that have NOT yet been screened at other major film festivals.
What else do I need to include in my film?
If your film contains any graphic content, include a warning near the beginning of the film. ConnectHER has full discretion in accepting or denying films, particularly in instances where film submissions contain nudity, profanity, violence, or sexually explicit content.
SHARE YOUR FILM! Once your film has been approved and placed in the ConnectHER Film Festival gallery, share it! A People’s Choice winner will be selected by judges from the top 10 films with the most votes.
Who can enter?
Students (or youth) at any level are qualified to enter if they are 25 years old or younger by the submission date of June 15, 2021. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.)
How many films can I enter?
You may enter up to two films as long as they address two separate topics.
What topics can I choose from?
You may choose from a range of topics that address critical issues impacting women and girls. See topics here.
Are any countries excluded from participating?
All countries are welcome to participate, however, due to U.S. export regulations, we may have difficulty disbursing scholarship funds if winners are residents of Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Iran, and/or Syria.
See additional FAQ'S