2022 submissions open March 1st through June 1st 2022.
The ConnectHER Film Festival is an international youth competition that welcomes short films about issues that impact women and girls. Before making a film for submission, please read all of the following entry requirements and FAQs. We are excited to see your submissions! Good luck!
- Films must focus on one of our topic areas listed here. Categories include global girls’ education, women and work, ending violence against women, women refugees, women's global health issues, women and the environment, women, and girls in tech, and redefining beauty.
- We accept every type of filmmaking form and style; whether animation or live-action, documentary or narrative.
- Filmmakers must be 13 to 25 years old at the submission date. That means that scripts, storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by people who meet this age requirement. Actors can be any age.
- Films must be original works that have not yet been screened at other major film festivals.
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long.
- Film file formats accepted are .mov and .mp4.
- Films must be submitted by the deadline to qualify. No late submissions will be accepted.
- If your film contains any graphic content, include a warning near the beginning of the film. ConnectHER has full discretion about accepting films, particularly in instances where film submissions contain nudity, profanity, violence, or sexually explicit content.
- PowerPoints will not be accepted. Films must have some cinematic value.
SHARE YOUR FILM! Once your film has been approved and placed in the ConnectHER Film Festival gallery, share it! A People’s Choice winner will be selected by judges from the top 10 films with the most votes.
See additional FAQ'S
TERMS & CONDITIONS